How we make
We love the idea of supporting our local manufacturers and suppliers. We use beautiful wools from one of the UK’s oldest mills nestled in Yorkshire as well as our own fabric which is designed in-house and printed locally. Our wood is also locally sourced and FSC certified, and our legs and lamps are flawlessly hand-turned by Phil, (our Wood Man extraordinaire) right here in Manchester, England. You could say, we’re ‘hyper-local’ in our approach.
Why? The benefits go beyond aesthetics:
- Unmatched quality: Locally sourced materials ensure greater control, resulting in furniture built to last.
- Community Impact: Your purchase supports local artisans, keeping heritage skills alive.
- Minimal footprint: With materials travelling short distances, our carbon footprint shrinks.
- Eco-conscious choices: No foam, only natural fillings like coir and recycled wool.
- Minimal packaging: Reusing old bubble wrap and cardboard. This is mostly donated by our local deli, which also sells deliciously warm Pain au Chocolat!
Confidence in our craft? We offer a Lifetime Guarantee* on furniture frames.
Exclusive to buyers of Twisted Loom furniture is the Re-dazzle service. Re-Dazzle does just that, it re-dazzles! If at some point you fancy a different fabric, then we’ll collect, re-upholster and return your precious piece. Get in touch to discuss your requirements and enjoy 20% off our usual re-upholstery rate.
This service drives our aim to become a Sufficiency-style Business. This model aims to moderate overall resource consumption by making quality products that last longer, avoiding built-in obsolescence, and reconnecting the maker and the consumer. For more info, please get in touch.
Existing Twisted Loom customers can enjoy a 10% discount on future purchases. Please email for more details.
Oh, and we’re award-winning!
It’s very exciting to win awards in such important categories. Our whole model is based on making things locally and sustainably so these two hit the spot!
*This guarantee is valid for domestic use only, and covers loose joints, and timber breakage. It does not include issues resulting from normal wear and tear, improper care, or accidental damage. This does not affect your statutory legal rights.